Another introduction to one of our amazing Kinder Kicks families for the month of May! This blog is a great way to get to know our families and to understand why they continue to enroll in our Kinder Kicks program.
1. Parents names:
Meaghan and Will
2. Child’s (children’s) first name and age(s):
Ender will be three in June
3. How many Kinder Kicks sessions have you been enrolled in?
We have been in Kinder Kicks classes for 18 months.
4. Describe your child’s (children’s) personality:
Ender has a very energetic personality and loves to learn!!!
5. What is your favorite part of Kinder Kicks class? Why?
I like incorporating martial arts movements with fun exercises…it keeps them entertained and having fun without thinking it is an exercise. Our class loved all lining up…running to their mother/Oma where we held papers/”boards” for them to break and running back to where they started!!!
6. What is your child’s favorite part of Kinder Kicks class?
Ender loves story time!!! As soon as we start singing for story time to begin Ender comes running!!! He is the first one on the blanket as close as he can be to Ms. Faye!!!
7. How do you feel your child (children) has benefited from participating in Kinder Kicks?
I feel Ender is learning courage/confidence/focus and shows it throughout his play. Ender is not one to run to the front of the class to show what he can do but is starting to take his turn when asked as long as Mama goes with him and helps 🙂 Ender is fully capable of doing all the exercises but is quiet “on stage”. Come to any class and you will see Ender running around being able to express himself on the “sidelines” though. 🙂
8. How has Kinder Kicks served as a source of enrichment for you and your child (children)? I LOVE the time we get to have together for class because I get to see him develop SO much!!! At first the exercises I thought were a bit much but now doing them regularly he is learning how to do them…who would have thought a two year old could do jumping jacks? I am SO proud of the confidence he has shown and I do not have to miss it!!!
9. Which Kinder Kicks character does your child like best (Leadership Lion, Jumping Joey, Black Belt Baboon, etc.)? I am not sure which character Ender likes best but he sure is my little “Jumping Joey” <3
10. Have any of the Life Lesson stories target a subject that you and/or your child identifies with? If so, which one? How? The Life Lesson stories are helpful during everyday play situations to help Ender make good choices. For example, remembering to keep promises to help others and to use martial arts only in class.
11. Any comments you’d like to add? We are SO thankful to be a part of Kinder Kicks!!! We LOVE all the life lessons being taught and the ability to help our little “Jumping Joeys” to grow into more advanced martial arts classes as they grow!!! We look forward to growing with Kinder Kicks <3